The Office of Belonging is hosting a wellness event for National Pie Day! On Friday, December 1, 2023, 11:30 am – 1:30 pm, please come to the Check Your PIESS Wellness Event in the WSC Garden Court. This event will give students, faculty, staff, and administrators the opportunity to take time to see how they’re doing Physically, Intellectually, Emotionally, Socially, and Spiritually. (PIESS)
There will be five PIESS stations where students and campus community members can ask questions from caring experts and learn about helpful resources. There will be a delicious and wide selection of pies to choose from, t-shirts, stickers, and other activities to support the wellness of our campus community. This event is to lend support, to remind you that we care, and that you belong.
Here is the explanation/definition for the PIESS sections:
- Physical — Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep.
- Intellectual — Recognizing creative abilities and finding ways to expand knowledge and skills.
- Emotional — Coping effectively with life and creating satisfying relationships.
- Social — Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system.
- Spiritual — Expanding a sense of purpose and meaning in life.